Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] "Description" element in "Error"

I suggest this be raised to the ebMS team for comment.  When we began to
see these items of question, clarity, etc. in IIC we compiled them and
sent them all at one opportune time to ebMS team.

Monica

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank. Christopher [mailto:C.Frank@seeburger.de]
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 4:59 AM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: [ebxml-dev] "Description" element in "Error"

Hello,

I am currently setting up test cases and scenarios for the European
Interoperability Pilot, therefore I am playing around with several
constellations of input/output data on our ebXML connector.

While creating ebXML error message I was wondering about a parser error
once the 'Error' element does contain of more than one 'Description'
element and found the message msg-header-2_0.xsd defining:

	<element name="Error">
		<complexType>
			<sequence>
				<element ref="tns:Description"
minOccurs="0"/>
				<any namespace="##other"
processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
			</sequence>

unlike the 'MessageHeader' and 'Manifest' which both define
maxOccurs="unbounded".
(If you try to parse a message which contains more than one
'Description' on an error element, a validating parser will throw an
error.)

Is this intention? I can see no reason why to restrict the description
of an error to only one language while I am allowed to define
multi-language messages for the header and the payloads.
Unfortunately the ebMS 2.0 spec does not define the min/max count of
Descriptions in Errors (but it does for Manifest and MessageHeader).

Best Regards,
Christopher

--
SEEBURGER AG, Edisonstrasse 1, D-75015 Bretten, Germany
Fon:+49(0)7252 96-1185 Fax:+49(0)7252 96-2400 <http://www.seeburger.de/>