Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] Core Components

HI Radhika,

I will give a partial answer inline below.

Radhika Menon wrote:

>Hi
>
>any one doing implementation/worked on core
>components? I want to know whether core component is
>part of a registry/repository. If it's not, I would be

core Components are not part of an ebXML Registry. However, an ebXMl
Registry is used as a repository for Core Components. Among other
things, the registry provides the ability to:

-Publish CCs to it

-Perform content-specific validation of CC when submitted

-Perform content-specific cataloging of CC when submitted (to facilitate
discovery)

-Classify CC using arbitrary taxonomies

-Associate CCs with each other and other types of content in arbitrary ways

-Annotate CCs with a variety of metadata

-Allow discovery of published CCs using adhoc queries in SQL and XML syntax

-Notifying interested parties when a CC is modified in the registry

-Provide HTTP URI based access to all CC and related content and metadata

All of the above capabilities of the ebXML Registry are generic and will
work the same for any other type of content substituted in above
statements in place of CC.

>grateful if any one of you provide necessary
>information on whether each Trading Partner has to
>implement the Core Component and what exactly is the
>purpose of the Core Component.

The above question are best answered by experts from the CC team. I will
give a lay answer.

CC are used as common building blocks for business documents. What
Trading Partners implement is the Business Documents and the Business
Processes that process those documents. In most cases a Trading Partner
is not dealing at the CC level unless they choose to define new business
documents.

Farrukh