Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] DB mapping

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrzej Jan Taramina" <andrzej@chaeron.com>
To: <rykov-mtd@narod.ru>
Cc: <ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 16:49

> There is an open source solution called Castor that builds on the Sun JDO
> specification.  My partner and I used this in our Mobile GPS Demo Platform
> (MGDP) project (details on that at http://www.chaeron.com/gps.html for
those
> that want a break from B2B/ebXML....some kewl hardware in this project).

Sorry, but Castor is not compliant with Sun JDO standard, but its JDO stands
for a proprietary standard !!!

I'm sure of this, since I'm part of Expert Group of Sun JDO standard ;-)

The best way to achive O/R mapping is to using Sun JDO. There are many
products compliant with the standard.

Official home page: http://access1.sun.com/jdo/
Official home page of JDO specification (JSR#12):
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=012
JDO technology site: www.jdocentral.com

There are very good ODBMS compliant too. One of these is Orient ODBMS
(www.orientechnologies.com).

The beatiful thing of JDO is that you can change your repository (RDBMSs and
ODBMSs) whether you want without changing the code of your app.

Bye,
Luca Garulli
Orient Technologies
(www.OrienTechnologies.com)