Subject: [ebxml-dev] Process Mapping and Business Specifications in thee-Business Age

Dear ebXML List Colleagues

Anybody willing to run an eye over this draft article before I do any very final improvements and send off a draft to the magazine publisher. It is for the UK Quality World monthly magazine of the Institute of Quality Assurance. A lot of these people have become very expert at defining businesses' management systeme, procedures and processes but aren't at all aware of the likely impact of ebXML or even it's existence.

My brief is:-
"I envisage an article which looks at:

* why process mapping is important - and why it is increasingly so in today's business environment.

* a brief overview on where process mapping has been and what it is now becoming

* explains what business process specifications are

* outlines the emerging global e-business standards

* how these will effect business? Should organizations get to grips with their processes now?

Any advice or anecdotal experience you have to offer would also help illustrate the article. The article can be between 1,500-2,000 words long. The deadline is the 7 March (though we can give a few days grace if this is too tight for you) and we would like a photograph of yourself and a short biography.

You can e-mail the article directly to me. You will get final sign off of the article before we go to press."

Any comments very gratefully received.

Any permissions that you think I need I would be grateful to have flagged up.

Yours, Paul Hayes

Paul Hayes
127 Deanburn
Penicuik