Re: Copyright basics

WITHOUT PREJUDICE:

I also have [extremely] strong feelings about the use of my work and the
removal of my name as a contributor.  I feel this is utterly illegal and
possibly actionable.  The policies of CEFACT seem to be changing with no
or little input from the members who are doing a lot of the actual work.

According to Canadian Law, any work developed by a person is subject to
defacto (also referred toas "common law rights" ) copyright protection,
whether explicitly registered or not.  Since my contributions were
created in Canada, they are subject to Canadian copyright law and I have
certain rights pursuant to those laws.
CEFACT has changed its' copyright policy without due notification to the
authors of certain works and has used it without permission.  This was
done more than halfway through an established process we agreed to when
we joined.

I hereby request that you immediately make public the full details of
the reason for CEFACT changing its process for removing the credits of
the authors, including the following specific details:
 - a list of those who were present and commenced the procedure to
change the policy
- the reason for changing the policy
- under what legal exemption CEFACT felt it can circumvent international
copyright law
-  the procedure itself that CEFACT executives feels they are entitled
to change the copyright policy without permission of the authors
- the details of any vote or other parlimentry procedure for doing such
-a copy of the minutes of the discussion held prior to any vote.

If CEFACT has a truly transparent policy, this should notbe a problem.

Respectfully

Duane Nickull