Subject: Some questions on BPSS control flow

Dear All,

I am a new comer to this list. Currently our research center has planned to
develop a graphical editor to generate BPSS. To make the editor simple, we
have defined some basic graphical constructs in defining the control flow of
a Business Process. The constructs include
- Decision (if structure)
- Parallel execution
- Select execution
- Join execution
- Repeat execution (loop structure)
We feel that these are some of the fundamental constructs in defining
business flows/controls. However we've got difficulties in analyzing the
spec (especially on control flows, e.g. transitions and fork/join) and
therefore we can't make the mapping between these constructs and BPSS. Could
anyone point out some resources/references that explain these terms? Do you
have any ideas on how to make mapping between our constructs and BPSS? Your
comment is invaluable to us!

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Simon Lee
Technology Officer
Center for E-Commerce Infrastructure Development (CECID)
Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
The University of Hong Kong