Subject: Re: Some questions on BPSS control flow

Simon,

I am copying David Webber (not a listserv member) on this ebxml-dev
posting, in case he would like to provide any information to you on his
similar work with SmartDraw.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

Simon Lee wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am a new comer to this list. Currently our research center has planned to
> develop a graphical editor to generate BPSS. To make the editor simple, we
> have defined some basic graphical constructs in defining the control flow of
> a Business Process. The constructs include
> - Decision (if structure)
> - Parallel execution
> - Select execution
> - Join execution
> - Repeat execution (loop structure)
> We feel that these are some of the fundamental constructs in defining
> business flows/controls. However we've got difficulties in analyzing the
> spec (especially on control flows, e.g. transitions and fork/join) and
> therefore we can't make the mapping between these constructs and BPSS. Could
> anyone point out some resources/references that explain these terms? Do you
> have any ideas on how to make mapping between our constructs and BPSS? Your
> comment is invaluable to us!
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best Regards,
> Simon Lee
> Technology Officer
> Center for E-Commerce Infrastructure Development (CECID)
> Department of Computer Science and Information Systems
> The University of Hong Kong
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano