SV: ebxml and uddi

>I could probably get some more detail. Karen would I am sure be willing
>to talk about this--
Thanks. That would be useful, if not necessary in this context in the
context of other possible ebXML stuff that we might want to look at in the
future.

>I am quite interested to know what part of your organization is pushing
>for ebxml?
I wouldn't say pushing, however we need to have a clear opinion as to its
utility and position, also if at some point we want to move from an UDDI
registry to an ebXML registry, and what our strategy would be if we did
so.

>could you provide any detail
>at all about the context?
The context is that our chief architect and the guy who makes most
recommendations to the various committees and organisations that have to
do
with official danish standards etc. wanted me to do some preliminary
research on the subject, he has basically two concerns in any case, if
ebxml
comes up in a public setting, he needs to have some background whereby he
can formulate a response, and two he needs to know how ebxml will
interoperate with what we have now, an UDDI registry, and possible future
evolution of that system.

>Also -  Joe Chiusano from Booz Allen (a regular on the ebxml list) wrote
>a superb paper on UDDI-ebxml coexistence strategies.
Yeah actually I found that paper (or I should say I found this:
http://www.webservices.org/index.php/article/articleview/984/1/24/), not
sure if it was the whole thing though or if it's the right one.

okay I just saw on the list that this is in fact the article I saw before,
although there's also another one, the three tier one (will have to read
that tonight). I liked it and have so far found it useful in writing a
preliminary report.