ebxml challenges...

Thanks for replying to my earlier questions. It's making much more sense
now.

My humble opinion is that there needs to be some better ways of making
money
with ebxml than there is today.

For example, with open source linux, I can build a file server based on
linux
and then supply it to my customers and get paid. Do some modifications and
get
paid for those. I make money the whole way along with linux.

With ebxml there is no way to do the same thing; for a developer or for a
consultant; whatever. That's the problem.

Yes there are some free poducts, like the sun registry and others, but
they are
not really in a "saleable" form that I can give customers.

There is also no central ebxml registry yet, for registering companies.
Even if
it was $10, it would give something to sell which would then help the
world go
round.

Such a registry if it did exist, would need a code of conduct, so if one
company
sold an ebxml, all the other companies wouldn't just come along and take
the
customer. These are real issues for anybody trying to sell ebxml software.
Interoperability can be a two edge sword.

There is also a severe lack of programming components.

Why does one have to have a whole ebxml stack? why are there no ebxml
activeX
components that can be thrown onto a VB or Delphi App?

I understand that ebxml might have started as a grand plan for everything,
but
it only needs to suffice as an electronic commerce framework where IT
professionals accross the world can make some money.

David