SV: interoperability

>>which I don't know how others see it but standing outside it does look
me
>>that ebXML's search for interoperability is more serious than that of
the
>>WS-1 group.

>I don't contest tour general observation about the web services
community,
tour? from the context I'm guessing this was something that meant don't
agree with your?

>I think you judge WS-I too harshly.   I don't know the inside politics
and
>motivations of WS-I, but from an outsider's viewpoint I don't see their
>efforts as being substantially different in their sphere from the ebXML
>efforts you cite.   Your report will be more credible if you tone down
your

>comments.
whereas in the Web Services community, as exemplified by WS-I one could
argue that interoperability is undermined by some vendors having greater
standing within the organization than others

although I should check if that is still the case, I just remember the
whole
Sun brouhaha from a couple years ago.
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-912906.html

>That would be fine, if you could get everyone to agree on UBL as the
common

>expression  ;^)  (and common semantics and vocabulary as well).

how about:
Interoperability could be further enhanced by relying on UBL for providing
the Common Expression, perhaps also Common Vocabulary.

Actually I'm having some difficulty understanding the sharp delineation
between Common Expression, Common Vocabulary, and Common Semantics.
It seems to me that Common Semantics is that if we have a concept of x
referred to by the term y we should not suddenly use y to refer to
something
else?
But then that also seems to me to be what Common Vocabulary is. I
understand
that Semantics refers to meaning, but meaning invariably devolves to its
referents at some point.

What these terms seem to refer to for me is the possible confusion
engendered by situations such as the xml and uml terms for things not
matching in BPSS, necessesitating section 7.2

Common expression I can see as not being interoperable because all sorts
sets of terms are allowed.