RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML core components derivation by restriction

Bryan/Joe/et al.

I concur with Joe's assessment that the current CCTS does not adequately
address the need for core component extension. The need exists due to
the simple fact that there is no such thing as a one size fits all
purchase order or invoice or .. or .. etc. Too many industry-unique data
requirements preclude one size fits all schema for most ebusiness
transactions. Extensibility is essential at the core component building
block level.

If you agree with the requirement stated above, then a centralized
online source and global registry for finding core component building
blocks with the associated capability to extend those building blocks
(as necessary) in a controlled fashion is an essential requirement. A
proposed approach to this essential requirement is highlighted in the
concept of operation (Figure 7) in the ebXML Forum article at
http://www.ebxmlforum.org/articles/ebFor_20040306.html

Ron Schuldt
Senior Staff Systems Architect
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
11757 W. Ken Caryl Ave.
#F521 Mail Point DC5694
Littleton, CO 80127
303-977-1414