Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML core components derivation by restriction

Commenting solely on the Core Components Technical Specification, not on
UBL's implementation:

According to my highly detailed analysis of the CCTS (current version
and several versions past) has - in my opinion - shown that the Core
Components methodology, as documented in the CCTS, has not given
adequate consideration to the notions of inheritance and extension. I
have communicated this to the UN/CEFACT CCTS team in the past.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

Bryan Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi,
> The core components work basically via derivation by restriction, I've
> noticed a little grousing about that here and there, will future usages
> core components allow derivation via other methodologies?
> It seems to me that this has affected the derivation methodologies of
> reference:
> where it looks to me that what one has to do if one wants to add
elements is
> first off derive by restriction, quoting from the referenced url "first
> derive by restriction, eliminating the element referring to
> from the myns:MyOrderType, then derive by extension adding an element
> refers to myns:MyPartyType.
> "

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano