RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML core components derivation by restriction

Fred,

<Fred>Extension capabilities are provided. Any project can, through the
appropriate channels (contact your UN/CEFACT Head of Delegation) forward
proposals for new BIE's and CC's to the non-profit UN/CEFACT working group
TBG17 (harmonisation).</Fred>

How much lag time is possible between the time an extension is requested
and it gets approved by TBG17? Does the TGB17 Working Group meet
periodically to review proposed extensions or is it an ongoing process? If
they meet periodically, what is the frequency? Are the procedures and
decision criteria published somewhere? Where is the current library of CCs
and BIEs published?

<Fred>Wrt OWL/RDF, in my experience there are little non-academic souls on
this earth that really comprehend those standards (so much the same like
CCTS ;-). I am not one of them (yet). Personally, I would love to see
convergence between the OWL/RDF ontology work and the CEFACT/OASIS Core
Components work. As far as I understood though, OWL/RDF is mainly related
to semi-structured data, while Core Components are applicable to very
structured data (even an SAP system must understand it ;-).</Fred>

Since you say you "would love to see convergence between the OWL/RDF
ontology work and the CEFACT/OASIS Core Components work" then perhaps you
are open to the notion that the objects (BIEs) and properties (CCs) of
CCTS can be represented in an ontology framework. If that is true, then
perhaps we have a starting point for further discussion.

Ron Schuldt
Senior Staff Systems Architect
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
11757 W. Ken Caryl Ave.
#F521 Mail Point DC5694
Littleton, CO 80127
303-977-1414