Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML core components derivation by restriction

Dieter E. Jenz wrote:

> We have developed a CCTS ontology, which forms a component of our
> Business Process Management Ontology. The CCTS ontology is currently
> under review.
>
> OWL is not that hard to comprehend. Everyone who has a solid
> understanding of UML will be able to make the transition within a
> relatively short period of time, I would say.
>
> Considering the ebXML RR roadmap, it will eventually be possible to
> represent the ontology in the ebXML repository. If my understanding is
> correct, there will be no loss of information. Clearly, I see
> convergence from that viewpoint. A financial investment would not be
> lost.

+1 on all of Dieter's points above.

The OWL support in ebXML Registry is being conducted within the Semantic
Content Management SC of ebXML Registry TC.
There are existing deployments of ebXML Registry that use the registry
to manage OWL Ontologies within some restrictions.

See the following references within the Satine project:

http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/projects/satine/publications/_DAPD_ebXML-OWL.pdf
http://www.srdc.metu.edu.tr/webpage/projects/satine/publications/Dogac_A_Enriching.pdf

Farrukh