Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] ebXML & health care

to be fair to reporters you are competing against the global marketing machines of some major corporations. offer reporters and editors numbers--like 11k ebMS end points in the chinese shipping authority, and they will take notice. they want user stories - bring real deployments and will get you press. if their were more regrep implementations marketing the stack would be a lot easier.

From: Ed Dodds [mailto:dodds@conmergence.com]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 9:53 PM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Cc: robin@oasis-open.org
Subject: [ebxml-dev] ebXML & health care

Robin:

In no way was my whining meant to dis your efforts. I'm just steamed at the usual ecommerce mags online who don't seem to require reporters of acumen enough to study an ebXML primer (thanks Dana Blankenhorn for this advice) [ look -- here's one: http://tinyurl.com/6eule ] and then translate the concepts so that iddatarate good ol' boys can make the appropriate application to their own biz scenarios. I've always thought that that's what a reporters' job was. Apparently, however, it actually involves changing two or three words maximum in a press release (preferably with a C-note attached). I may have misconstrued the media situation but without evidence to the contrary...

Ed Dodds