Subject: Sun's ebXML friendly analyst slide deck

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 6:21 PM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] ebXML news question redux

(Resending after adding a missing link)

Mike Rawlins wrote:

> Ed,
>
> This isn't at all odd for those of us familiar with the marketplace.
> The big news in ecommerce and health care for the past few years has
> been the HIPAA mandates for using ANSI X12 EDI, which aren't even XML
> not to mention ebXML.  HL7 has been working with XML, but I'm not
> surprised that ebXML hasn't gotten any significant press in this
> industry.

ebXML Registry has been adopted by IHE as the foundation for  "
Cross-Enterprise Clinical Documents Sharing (XDS)". They chose ebXML
Registry because of its strong "Federated, Secure Information
Management" capabilities.

The following is the link to the IHE specification which references the
ebXML Registry specs:

http://www.himss.org/content/files/IHE_ITI_Cross-enterprise_Doc_Sharing_
PC_2004-06-15.pdf

HL7 is using ebXML Registry for managing HL7 profiles and other data.

Here is Ed's blog entries on this:

http://edodds.blogs.com/conmergence/2004/10/hl7_ebxml_proof.html
http://edodds.blogs.com/conmergence/2004/10/ebxml_registry_.html

Here another HL7 ebXML Registry related link:

http://www.ebxmlforum.org/articles/ebFor_20040516.html

Here is a meta-link for ebXML Registry:

http://ebxmlrr.sourceforge.net/tmp/ebXMLRegistryLinks.html

Thanks.

> Mike
>
> At 12:22 PM 2/4/2005 -0500, dodds@conmergence.com wrote:
>
>> I've just found it strange that if I use a search engine on the
>> traditional online ecommerce media and check for "ebXML"
>> and "health care" I find very little. A bit ironic during
>> "interoperability month." That's all. Ed Dodds

> Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting www.rawlinsecconsulting.com
> Using XML with Legacy Business Applications (Addison-Wesley, 2003)
> www.awprofessional.com/titles/0321154940

Farrukh