RE: [ebxml-dev] SQL4

Dmitry,

This kind of functionality is exposed by the OASIS CAM specification.

If you go to http://www.jcam.org.uk - you can download the jCAM implementation.

You should be able to add your SQL4 as an <Extension> and use Maven to link in your SQL4 processor.

I already built something very similar - for XML scripting into Oracle SQL database - as a demo - but we did not release it.

<Extension> is used already for lookup codelists - so if you add a codelist to a CAM template - you will see how the jCAM engine handles that - and how the <Extension> xml is created by the Eclipse editor.

Basically you have implemented what the CAM specification calls the <DataMapping> extension.

Once you have that plug-in working - we can look at potentially standardizing this through the OASIS process.

Essentially though - not everyone will want to publically expose their database mappings.  I envision this more of an <as:include> that points to the mapping internally - but that is not necessarily made public - depends on the choice of the customer.

However - I do see that package vendors - such as SAP and QuickBooks and so on - would want to make CAM templates available that map from standard Windows accounting products to XML invoices and POs and so on.

You can extend the Eclipse editor to build the SQL4 xml syntax using drag-and-drop field association between the XML structure and the backend SQL database table(s).

Seems like SQL4 can definately provide that capability - with the open standard processing engine to support that.

You can find the current CAM specification at http://docs.oasis-open.org/cam

Thanks, David Webber
Chair OASIS CAM TC.

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)