EbMS interopability: Content-type start parameter not matching content-id

Hi all,

We are testing the EbMS product Lexicom (Cleo communications) and found the following issue:

The Content-type start parameter value doesn't exactly match the content-id value: The < and > symbols are not present in the content-id. Example:

First lines of body:
----------CLEOebXML.Boundary.1253712627668.yradnuoB.LMXbeOELC--------

We think Lexicom doesn't follow RFC 2387 because the content-id and start parameter should match exactly.

We have also checked the EbMS v2.0 specification and it contains the following example in section 2.1.2 message package:

--boundaryValue

Here the start and content-id parameters also do not match. We believe this is a mistake in the EbMS specifications. Further in Appendix B there is an example where the start and content-id do match exactly.

I want to know how this should be implemented and how other EbMS products implement this.

Best regards,
Julien