RE: [ebxml-dev] Acceptance Acknowledgement Business Signal

Where we tend to use acceptance acknowledgement signals is in the negative sense.

If we cannot get a business service to process an inbound request and produce a sensible business level response (positive or negative) we will instead send an acceptance exception as an indication that there was a business level problem with the request of an unanticipated nature.

The idea being that in a request response pattern the client business service will then always get some form of response even if it is an exception.

From: Dale Moberg [mailto:dmoberg@axway.com]
Sent: 11 June 2013 18:32
To: Denis Nikiforov; ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Acceptance Acknowledgement Business Signal

Acceptance Acknowledgement as a business level signal is described in an auxiliary documentation section

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/2.0.4/OS/signalSchema/documentation/

RosettaNet had dropped AcceptanceAcknowledgements in RNIF 2.0  due to lack of customer demand, and ebXML included both Receipt and Acceptance Acknowledgements and their Exceptions.

It is IMO left somewhat as “some assembly required”  by a community that seeks to adopt it.

At http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/2.0.4/OS/signalSchema/documentation/ebxmlbp-v2.0.4-Document-os-SignalSchema-en_p1.png

There is the following description.

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-bp/2.0.4/OS/signalSchema/documentation/ebxmlbp-v2.0.4-Document-os-SignalSchema-en_p1.png

The schema describes a potential Acceptance Acknowledgement. And then  the details needed for a community usage can be profiled from these snippets.