Subject: [ebxml-mktg-sc] ebXML JMT Steering Committee Minutes: 2 Jan 2003

ebXML JMT Steering Committee Minutes

Teleconference host:
GXS

Attending:
David, Carol, Alan, Monica, Sang, Mark

Alan reported that we have arranged for a two-day ebXML Adoption
track/mini-conference at XML Europe in London in May. We're waiting for
IDEAlliance to approve Alan's Call for Papers, and we expect to
publicize this next week.

We would like to host similar events in North America and Asia, and
we're trying to identify appropriate conferences.

Monica reported that we've decided to publish revisions to the Adoption
Update on a quarterly basis. We will work with the OASIS webmaster to
create online forms for submission of adoption information.

Sang and Alan have made a first pass at identifying conferences where
ebXML presentations would be effective. More industry-specific events
are needed. They have approximately 30 people signed on for the ebXML
Speaker's Bureau with a good global representation.

David distributed the latest version of a generic slide presentation.

Carol reported that the OASIS UDDI and ebXML Regrep TCs may collaborate
on a joint white paper on registries if funding can be identified.

Sang suggested we send out a monthly update to keep people informed
about resources on the ebXML site. David suggested we promote the slides
and XML Europe CfP via XML.org Daily News and our mail lists.

Action items:
Monica and David to provide Carol with XML forms for Update submissions.
Carol to work with OASIS webmaster on created online form.

David to review Monica's comments on the slide presentation and forward
to Carol for posting on the web site. We'll notify the general JMT list
via email, asking for feedback and volunteers to translate slides into
other languages.

Sang and Alan to ask people who've made ebXML presentations to send us
their slides or links to be posted on the ebXML site.

Next Steering Committee call with be hosted by GXS in two weeks.

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org