Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg-sc] ebXML JMT Steering Committee Minutes - 30 Jan 2003

Title: RE: [ebxml-mktg-sc] ebXML JMT Steering Committee Minutes - 30 Jan 2003
Mark Yader and ebXML Joint Marketing Team,

Our OASIS staff person in Europe (Pim van der Eijk) is working with Steel 24-7 and other eMarketplaces to discuss formation of an OASIS TC that would be focused on the adoption of relevant OASIS specs, which could possibly include some of the ebXML specs among others.  So far, no final commitment yet.

Earlier this week, I met with John Borras of the UK Office of e-Envoy. He and his boss suggested that we try to get a high level executive from the European commission to give the dignitary opening speech at the ebXML forum in London on May 5th.

However, since the new OASIS e-Government TC has an ebXML & Web Services Sub-committee, possibly John Borras (as Chair of the e-Gov TC or whoever chairs that sub-committee) should be invited to give a presentation during the forum.

Keep up the good work.

Patrick Gannon
President & CEO
OASIS