Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg-sc] WP - eBusiness Solutions Part 1 - Messaging

Alan,

OK, OK, I need to explain what each column is.

EDI-VAN is a full-service system.

AS2 assumes a standalone messaging solution - etc, - I'll
add to list of 'to dos' little section on each item.  The idea
is to marry this to what people actually buy out there in the
marketplace... so Alan you have to put on your VP Marketing
glasses -  not your technical standards glasses ; -)

Cheers, DW.
Message text written by Alan Kotok

Mark, et al:

I was trying to make two points about using the terms EDI and VAN.  (1) EDI

is the syntax and VAN is the delivery.  You can use ebMS or AS2 to deliver
messages in EDI syntax.  (2) If VANs now use AS2, why have separate columns

for VANs and AS2?  If people in the business like myself are confused, why
perpetuate the confusion in this table?

Alan Kotok<