Subject: Re: [ebxml-mktg-sc] [Fwd: Fwd: Korean Govt to Set Up ebXML-RosettaNet Link]

Thanks Monica (and Jon) for catching this interesting article.

The question not answered in the article is at what level does the Korean
ministry want ebXML and RosettaNet to be interoperable?  RosettaNet has its
RosettaNet Implementation Framework (RNIF), which competes with
ebXML.  But, as was shown in the proof-of-concept tests during ebXML
development, ebXML messaging and registries can support RosettaNet PIPs.

Interesting cultural differences as well:  I doubt if the American
electronics industry (or any industry) would tolerate the level of
direction from public agencies evident in Korea.

Alan Kotok
Editor, < E-Business*Standards*Today />
http://www.disa.org/dailywire/
Data Interchange Standards Association