Subject: Fwd: Re: interoperability demos at XML 2003

TO: JMT

For the XML 2003 conference, IDEAlliance will make available facilities for
industry groups to stage interoperability demonstrations like the kind we
had at the ebXML Showcase in London last month.

IDEAlliance's original idea was to put them in the expo area and to run the
demos up to five times, which convinced me that no one involved in that
decision had ever organized or staged an interoperability demo.  After a
couple of message exchanges with Lauren Wood (see below), IDEAlliance will
now make a theatre area available for a single (what Lauren calls a
big-bang) demo.  This is a much more reasonable and feasible idea.

In any event, do we want to encourage our constituents to stage a demo like
we had in London?  It is not a decision to be taken lightly, but as we saw
in London, if it works, it is dynamite for public affairs purposes.

Alan Kotok
Editor, < E-Business*Standards*Today />
http://www.disa.org/dailywire/
Data Interchange Standards Association