ebxml-mktg message

Subject: RE: [ebxml-mktg] Target (was) Fwd: RE: [EDI-L] ebXML

David,

This is obviously an interesting first-mover question.

Notice that the STAR initiative for Automotive industry
thru OAG has done a pathfinder project that uses ebXML
messaging, and OAG BOD payloads, and that has
been completed and delivered.

This is yet to go to production with participating
companies IT systems, but the sense is this is moving
closer.

Fujitsu, Sybase, Excelon in combination with Toyota
and NIST demonstrated the BPSS working for a
STAR scenario in Detroit this past week.

Clearly maturity of the ebXML MS products is the
key mover here in enabling people to deploy
solutions with confidence.

I'd say we are at that moment in time and space
where people believe that is real and they can
start implementation today.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by David Frenkel

Jamie,
That didn't take long to get distributed.  I have talked to a number of
organizations that have discussed using ebXML but I think most don't
want to be the first out of the gate.  Is anybody aware of any large
retailer that is using ebXML?  Thanks.
 <