Subject: Re: Proposal: A Registry Browser GUI tool

At 10:46 PM 9/13/2000 -0400, David RR Webber wrote:
>Message text written by INTERNET:Farrukh.Najmi@east.sun.com
> >
>Synchrony or Asynchrony is a request attribute. TRP supports both asynch or
>synch
>requests. It is not a matter of drivers and burgers. It is a matter of
>interoperability. Thats what TRP's purpose in life is.
><<<<<<<<<<
>
>OK - so you would look a little strange at the sales staff if they handed
>you
>your burger in a FedEx carton, complete with foam chips, a shipping
>manifest and a billing statement, and a tracking number.
>
>DW.

Your analogy hints at a myth that the usage of ebXML TRP by definition
implies that all the gory details of the packaging, headers etc. are
visible to the end-user. I don't believe your analogy accurately reflects
the ebXML TRP reality. Your comments tell me that we need to do a better
job in getting some of the the basic concepts and notions of ebXML TRP out
there.

If the sales staff are any good at their job, they will hand me the burger
nice and hot, cooked exactly to my spec., at the price I'm willing to
pay,  with a friendly smile to boot -  *without* exposing me to their
business process. BTW, I'm told frozen burgers do indeed have tracking
numbers - I have never seen one and hopefully never will.

Nick