Subject: RE: Proposal: A Registry Browser GUI tool

i disagree with david w. however, i believe we should implement both ldap
for the human and trp for the machine.. rik

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2000 12:33 PM
To: Nicholas Kassem
Cc: ebXML poc

Message text written by Nicholas Kassem

I beg to differ. You seem to imply that ebXML TRP has some systemic
performance limitations precluding its' use in B2C scenarios. I don't
accept this assertion.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

No - I'm not saying that - I'm saying there's alot of overhead
in there that are out of place for a simple primitive interface.

I've realized now that the TRP layer can sit on top of the
primitive layer.

That way if you want to talk to the primitives via TRP - cool,
that will work.  But findamentally you have to be able to issue
the primitive calls directly too.

Demonstrating the primitives layer is what RegRep needs to
do - not the TRP layer - we know that works already!

DW.