Subject: RE: Update on BP/CC

Please excuse the play on words.  By contrived, I meant that we have not had
a clarification on payload yet from GCI and I have been using a placeholder
in the meantime.  I agree with you wholeheartedly about the extent of their
efforts to date in which they produced scenarios in the absence of
specifications.

I just learned that the payload specs have been submitted which is great
news.

Based on the discussions over the past few days, the components (meta-model,
payloads, scenarios) for both industry scenarios are falling into place.
This is great because it will put us on schedule for Tokyo.

	Thanks,

	Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Haugen [mailto:linkage@interaccess.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 12:09 PM
To: 'hale@ajubasolutions.com'; ebXML-poc
Cc: swhandel@us.ibm.com

Mark Hale wrote:
>Have you heard anything back from GCI?  I still have not been able to
>successfully get a response from them.  I just don't think that it makes
>sense to demo using a contrived payload.  Pieces of the BP model they've
>given us can be shown in parallel to the aligned AIAG BP process.

I wouldn't call the GCI stuff "contrived".  They started with
the TMWG UMM methodology (from the parent org of ebXML)
before the ebXML BP and CC specs were ready.  They have
publicly stated their intention to be fully compliant, and it is
not their fault that they are not fully compliant now.  If the
ebXML specs had been ready, they would be.

To repeat my statement from a previous thread, I think it is
wonderful that we have two different industry groups that
want to provide POC content, and I understood it would
be possible to use both.

>I participate in the BP telecon yesterday where the BP meta-model using the
>materials management example was walked through.  An impressive amount of
>work has been done.

Thanks.

>I spoke directly with Sig yesterday and he and Bob
>Haugen are working on the final CC pieces.

I think that's Sig and Jim Clark.  Jim did most of the work on
the BP example model, too.

-Bob Haugen