Subject: RE: [Fwd: ebXML SF Press Event Meeting Minutes, 11/21/00]

From: Steven Yung [mailto:steven.yung@sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 22, 2000 12:08 PM
To: ebXML-poc

Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:33:37 -0800
From: "Susy Struble" <susan.struble@eng.sun.com>
To: "Carol Geyer" <cgeyer7@home.com>, "Steven Yung"
<shickman@viquity.com>,<bcox@exchangecomm.com>, <lisa.faust@xmls.com>,
<pete@parnold.com>,<meredith.wehmann@xmls.com>,
<slangdon@cisco.com>,<nkeating@webMethods.com>,
<anthony.dutton@xmlglobal.com>,<mnaughton@interwoven.com>,
<Annette_Herr@stercomm.com>,<tracee.larson@edelman.com>
CC: <CATHERINE_MALONE@sfo.bm.com>,
<marguerite.michels@eng.sun.com>,<susan.struble@jurassic.eng.sun.com>,"Carol
Ann Browne" <carolannb@mindspring.com>

All: My apologies for the delay. Here are meeting minutes from yesterday's
meeting, with a draft showflow and general messages/event details attached
in Word. I've also attached our list of marketing contacts for this event,
which includes the "core event team" contact information, as well as an
updated dashboard. Attachments:
+ Draft showflow/messages+ Contact list  --- please send me your updates and
confirm participation if there's a ??? next to your company name+ Updated
dashboard Steve - could you please forward this to the POC technical team,
as I don't have access to the alias? Event will be held at the Ritz Carlton
in SF. We'll get you location and shipping address details next week. My
apologies if I missed anyone on the call in the attendance list! Please note
that I'm on vacation next week. Carol Geyer and Catherine Malone (ccd above)
will take the PR lead on this next week. I'll return the evening of 12/4.
Thanks again for all of your help with this. I'm looking forward to a great
event and good press coverage. I've spoken with a few key press already,
both US and European, and everyone's quite keen to hear the news..... I
appreciate everyone's time in reading this note and paying attention to
listed action items in this message as well as on the dashboard. I didn't
have time to pull them together into one list. We cannot get the venue for
12/11, so unfortunately for those at the e business expo, we'll have to go
with 12/12. We'll deal w/ the issues regarding press on this. For those
vendors w/ execs at the show and not at the 12/12 event, I think we'll have
to go w/ handling what we can w/ folks on site and quick cell phone calls.
I'm really sorry for the overlap here. Happy Thanksgiving,Susy  MEETING
MINUTES11/22/00 Attending:Carol Geyer - OASIS, PRSusy Struble - Sun,
PRKrishna Shankar - Cisco, technical contactSid Askary, NetFish, technical
contactMark Callal (?) - Interwoven, technical contactJoe Baran - Extol,
technical contact. Joe - I don't have you marked as participating --- will
you be able to?Ed Julson - Sun, marketingBill Cox, Viquity (Exchange
Communications), marketingKazunori Iwasa, Fujitsu, marketingConstabium -
technical (French)Ann ??? - Savvion, marketing (don't have contact
info)Valerie - Sterling Commerce, marketing, don't have contact infoDennis
O'Connor,  (???) Associates for XML SOlutions, marketingMalanie - IPNET
Solutions, PR, don't have contact infoMeredith Wehmann and Pete Arnold - XML
Solutions, marketing  Our next call will be 11/29, Wednesday, 9:00 a.m.-
10:00 a.m.Call in number: 334-240-1633Host number: 559090  (Carol
Geyer)Participant Code: 632275   1. Reviewed proposed showflow, press
release process, supporting materials, possible analyst participation,
possible video production. Plans seem to be on track and everyone in
agreement on general outline.2. Discussed possibilty of changing date to
12/11 as many vendors will be at a tradeshow in NYC on 12/12. Checked into
this and it's not possible, unfortunately. Save the Date notes on the 12/12
have also already been sent3. Krishna (Cisco) to send list of technical
requirements for demo (pls. send to marguerite.michels@eng.sun.com and cc
Susy and Ed)4. Sid (Netfish) to collate list of people confirmed for demo
participation and send to Susy, Carol, Ed5. Bill (Viquity) to draft one
pager on vendor participation in POC and ebXML6. Discussed possible analysts
for event. Please send your suggestions to Carol, Catherine Malone, and
SusyNew suggestions were:Joann Friedman at Meta - supply chain/ecommerceNavi
Radju at Forrester - Viquity knows him & recently met w/ him, very well
spokenMark Geuidici at Dataquest/Gartner - based in San Jose, has written on
ebXML7. Question about vendors interested in using GCI and AIAG in their
releases. Carol has PR contacts for both and will send to team. Sid
(NetFish) can also help.8. Ed Julson to work on getting a GCI and AIAG
representative to the event