Subject: Re: Use of xmlDSIG

SID, POCers,
In the recent POC call, Sid Askary formally asked IBM for donation of the
IBM Alphaworks XMLDSig code. IBM will not be taking any explicit action
concerning this request. POC member companies, that are utilizing Java, are
free to use the current Alphaworks license. If a POC company's free 90 day
license that is being used for intentions of ebXML POC expires up to 90
days past ebXML exit, and would like to request a re-issue for purposes of
continued ebXML POC demo's, those companies should contact us (IBM)
individually, as I'm sure we will accommodate a re-issue for what we see as
a reasonable time period.

Our intentions do contain an option to open source this toolkit into a
standards group that works with open source code when in line with our
business plans. If any company would like to discuss this further
concerning support of this, please feel free to contact myself anytime.

Thanks.
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

"Askary, Sid" <saskary@netfish.com> on 03/29/2001 01:59:15 PM