Subject: FW: Vienna POC demo - BP portion

All,

Another note from Karsten affecting participants with dynamic access to CPPs
and/or CPAs.

-Philippe
_______________________________
Philippe De Smedt
Architect
Viquity Corporation (www.viquity.com)
1161 N. Fair Oaks Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089-2102
(408) 548-9722
(408) 747-5586 (fax)
pdesmedt@viquity.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Karsten Riemer [mailto:Karsten.Riemer@east.sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 2:43 PM
To: Karsten Riemer
Cc: colm@bindsys.com; LONJON Antoine; 'William Cox'; Brian Hayes; Cory
Casanave; Nita Sharma; Karsten Riemer; Sid Askary; Sigmund Handelman;
Philippe DeSmedt; Eckenfels. Bernd
Subject: RE: Vienna POC demo - BP portion

Here is Kurt's summary of DTD changes .99 to 1.0.
I attach the whole file which also has the chronological change log,
but here is the section by element (With my comments interspersed):

The following describe the changes per element/attribute
========== Element content changes: ==========
<!-- This group of changes are not likely to cause much grief, they are
about
packaging and documentation-->

<!ELEMENT ProcessSpecification (Documentation*, (Include* |
DocumentSpecification* | ProcessSpecification* |
	  		        Package | BinaryCollaboration |
BusinessTransaction |
MultiPartyCollaboration)*)> <!ELEMENT Include (Documentation*)>
<!ELEMENT Package (Documentation*,
		  (Package | BinaryCollaboration | BusinessTransaction |
MultiPartyCollaboration)*)> <!ELEMENT Start (Documentation*)>
<!ELEMENT Success (Documentation*)>
<!ELEMENT Failure (Documentation*)>
<!ELEMENT Fork (Documentation*)>
<!ELEMENT Join (Documentation*)>

========== Element name changes: ==========
<!-- This group of changes were made for UMM alignment and in response to
issues--> DocumentFlow              --> DocumentEnvelope
DocumentType              --> BusinessDocument
EbXmlProcessSpecification --> ProcessSpecification
Schema                    --> DocumentSpecification

========== Element content changes for attributes: ==========
<!-- This group of changes were made for UMM alignment and in response to
issues--> Attachment@version                                     --> added
BusinessTransaction@isSecureTransportRequired          --> removed
BusinessTransactionActivity@isSynchronous              --> removed
DocumentSpecification@version                          --> added
ProcessSpecification@name                              --> type ID
RespondingBusinessActivity@timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance --> removed

========== Attribute name changes: ==========
<!-- This group of changes were made for UMM alignment and in response to
issues--> requires     --> preCondition
resultsIn    --> postCondition
documentType --> businessDocument
isSuccess    --> isPositiveResponse

========== Attribute default value changes: ==========
<!-- This group of changes were made for UMM alignment and in response to
issues--> isConcurrent false              --> true
RequestingBusinessActivity@name --> optional
RespondingBusinessActivity@name --> optional

========== ID/IDREF changes: ==========
<!-- This group of changes were made for alignment with ebXML preference for
ID/IDREF-->

See comment section above for Issue #76. Basically optional nameID
attributes
of type XML ID were added to all elements that had a name attribute.
referenceNameIDRef attributes of type XML IDREF added to all elements that
had referenceName attributes (e.g. authorizedRole and authorizedRoleIDRef).

I hope we can all agree to use 1.0.
My suspicion is that this only affects the demo'ers of BP modeling tools,
i.e. Bind, Iona/Netfish, Fujitsu. DataAccess is already using 1.0.
I don't think any of the message exchanging demo'ers are relying on the
BPSS,
but I cannot get a hold of anyone at POC to confirm/deny that.

-karsten

PS for completeness I also attach the W3C schema version of the DTD sent out
earlier.

>I strongly recommend that we use BPSS version 1.0.
>That is currently posted as an appendix to the BPSS spec at ebxml.org.
>I attach it here, as well.
>I just talked to Kurt Kanaskie and he will send me a summary of the changes
>.99 to 1.0 changes which I will forward to this distribution.
>
>thanks,
>-karsten
>

>>Antoine,
>>
>>I made some changes to your Retail.xml file so that it would obey the
ebXML
>>BPSS 0.99 DTD. The new file is attached. Can someone pls confirm that the
>>POC demo will be using 0.99 of the BPSS ?
>>
>>Look forward to meeting you all in Vienna.
>>
>>regards,
>>
>>Colm.

This document describes the DTD changes from version 099 to 1.0
in two different formats, chronological and via the element names.
Kurt Kanaskie, 2001-05_03

The following comments describe the changes as they occured chronologically:
<!-- Kanaskie, Changes as of 2001-04-23:
	- As per Karsten's POC Sample - Added binaryCollaboration attribute
	  to Performs which is used to qualify the AuthorizedRole
	- As per Karsten's POC Sample - Added fromBinaryCollaboration and toBinaryCollaboration
	  attribute to Transition which is used to qualify the BusinessState

	- Issue #57 Resolution - Chris Ferris suggestion:
		- Changed isAuthenticated, isConfidential, isTamperProof from boolean to,
		  SecureTransport, enumerated values of (no | persistent | transient) "no"
		- Model change DocSecurity abstract class attributes become type SecureTransport
		- Removed isSecureTransportRequired from BusinessTransaction
		- Added to BusinessTransaction triplet of new
		  isAuthenticated, isConfidential, isTamperProof.
		- Model change BusinessTransaction inherits from DocSecurity
	- Issue #63, #71 resolution - Added version attribute to DocumentSpecification
	- Issue #63, #71 resolution - Added version attribute to Attachment
	- Issue #102 resolution - Changed DocumentType to BusinessDocument
	- Issue #102 resolution - Changed documentType to businessDocument to keep references consistent.

	- Issue #? resolution - Changed Schema to DocumentSpecification
	- Issue #? resolution - Moved DocumentSpecification out of Package to EBXMLProcessSpecification
		- Model change DocumentSpecification is child of PackageContainer abstract class
	- Issue #111 Resolution - Removed isConcurrent from BusinessTrascationActivity
	- Issue 40, 58 Resolution - Removed isSynchronous from BusinessTrascationActivity
	- Issues 131, 132, 119, 12 Resolution - Remove isNonrepudiationOfReceiptRequired attribute from
	  RespondingBusinessActivity
		- Model change - Moved attribute "isNonrepudiationOfReceiptRequired" from BusinessAction
		  to RequestingBusinessActivity
	- Issues 131, 132, 119, 12 Resolution - Remove timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance attribute from
	- Issue #? Resolution - Moved attribute "timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance"
	  RespondingBusinessActivity
		- Model change - Moved attribute "timeToAcknowledgeAcceptance" from BusinessAction
	  	  to RequestingBusinessActivity
	- Editorial - Changed EbXml to EBXML, I think this is correct use of UpperCamelCase
-->
<!-- Kanaskie, Changes as of 2001-04-25:
	- Undid - As per Karsten's POC Sample - Added binaryCollaboration attribute
	  to Performs which is used to qualify the AuthorizedRole, due to Naming/XPath/ID resolution,
	  regardless of the solution a reference to an AuthorizedRole will be fully qualified.
	- Undid - As per Karsten's POC Sample - Added fromBinaryCollaboration and toBinaryCollaboration
	  attribute to Transition which is used to qualify the BusinessState due to Naming/XPath/ID
	  resolution, regardless of the solution a reference to an AuthorizedRole will be fully qualified.
	- Question? - Why does CollaborationActivity contain a binaryCollaboration reference?
	  Is it to require that a CollaborationActivity only use AuthorizedRoles from the same
	  BinaryCollaboration?
	- Editorial - Changed Include, Start, Success, Failure, Fork and Join from EMPTY to (Documentation*)
	- Issue #76 Resolution - Provide human readable names and references, as well as
	  ID and IDREF identifiers and references.
		- Added optional nameID attribute of type XML ID to each named element (DocumentSpecification,
		  BusinessDocument, Package, BinaryCollaboration, MultiPartyCollaboration, AuthorizedRole,
		  Fork, Join, BusinessTransactionActivity, CollaborationActivity, BusinessTransaction,
		  RequestingBusinessActivity, RespondingBusinessActivity, Attachment,
		  BusinessPartnerRole)
		- Added optional elementNameIDRef attribute of type XML IDREF to each element that contains
		  references to other elements (fromBusinessStateIDRef, toBusinessStateIDRef,
		  businessTransactionIDRef, fromAuthorizedRoleIDRef, toAuthorizedRoleIDRef,
		  binaryCollaborationIDRef, businessDocumentIDRef, authorizedRoleIDRef)
	- Issue #111 re-Resolution - Re-added isConcurrent to BusinessTranscationActivity
	- Issue #57 re-Resolution -
		- Removed (previous resolution change) triplet of new
		  isAuthenticated, isConfidential, isTamperProof from BusinessTransaction
		  	- Model change none (undo previous resolution changes)
		- Changed isAuthenticated, isConfidential, isTamperProof back to boolean.
			- Model change remove SecureTransport enumeration since no longer used.
	- Editorial - Changed EBXMLProcessSpecification to ProcessSpecification to align with CPP
	- Issue ? - Changed isSuccess to isPositiveResponse, made optional
	- Issue ? - changed requires to preCondition and resultsIn to postCondition in both
	  BinaryCollaboration and BusinessTransaction
-->
<!-- Kanaskie, Changes as of 2001-04-25:
	- Issue #113 Resolution - Changed DocumentFlow to DocumentEnvelope
-->
<!-- Kanaskie, Changes as of 2001-04-27:
	- Bug Fix - Changed ProcessSpecification to be correct as per the first model diagram.
	- Bug Fix - Changed name in ProcessSpecification to be an ID type to satisfy the CPP requirement.
-->
<!-- Riemer, Changes as of 2001-28-03:
	- Bug Fix - Changed RequestingBusinessActivity and RespondingBusinessActivity
	  name attributes to optional
-->

[...]

requires     --> preCondition
resultsIn    --> postCondition
documentType --> businessDocument
isSuccess    --> isPositiveResponse

========== Attribute default value changes: ==========
isConcurrent false              --> true
RequestingBusinessActivity@name --> optional
RespondingBusinessActivity@name --> optional

========== ID/IDREF changes: ==========
See comment section above for Issue #76. Basically optional nameID attributes
of type XML ID were added to all elements that had a name attribute.
referenceNameIDRef attributes of type XML IDREF added to all elements that
had referenceName attributes (e.g. authorizedRole and authorizedRoleIDRef).

XA.Document