Subject: Future steps

Last night in the steering committee meeting, the
executives announced that the POC would not exist as a
functioning body past Vienna.  While we were working
late on the Demo, some of you approached me and
expressed your concern regarding this decision.

The concerns were that if the vendor community is to
deploy the infrastructure specifications there needs
to be a mechanism for verifying interoperability and
clarifying the specifications.  Furthermore, those
vendors who have experience with other standards
implementations believe that it is only through
interoperability and conformance testing with one
another that they have been able to provide a solution
to their customers, citing Rosettanet as an example.
Finally, as a result of such continued activities,
feedback, request for clarification or improvements to
the specifications is forwarded to the appropriate
working group or organization.

Therefore, we will have a brief meeting at around 4:00
pm to discuss this matter.

Sid Askary
POC WG