Subject: RE: 2.4.1 requirements document

Quick comments on one point only.  If these points have already been
discussed, I apologize.  I have trimmed the direct respondents to
Duane and Scott.

<duane>
<scott>
The "human interface" is not classified as an "API" per se, but rides on top
of the registry and repository API.
</scott>

You are correct.  API does infer Application interface.

<scott>
Java servlets, Perl and/or XSL could
formulate the HTML to XML API transformation, and simple client/server
technology (sockets, HTTP, etc.) could pass the data to the Registry.
Requests to the registry could be passed on to the Repository as a proxy
service to retrieve repository contents.
</scott>

This method still carries extra overhead for the client in terms of
development.  I have received numerous communiques indicating a concern for
the actual costs for SME's.
</duane>

In what way do these technologies require client-side development?
All of these technologies are server-side or browser-plug-in
technologies.  The main human interface problems in this scenario
would be browser configuration and the ever-present web-site
learning curve.

-- Roger Glover
   Norstan Consulting
  * E-mail: Roger.Glover@NorstanConsulting.com