Subject: RE: UDDI Site is up

Regarding UDDI, I believe it MUST be made clear that:
1) "discovery" has always been in-scope of ebXML reg-rep, and is included in
business requirements published by the ebXML requirements project team, and
2) I have always felt that we should adopt or adapt the prior work of
CommerceNet, specifically that of the eCo Framework for the discovery of
trading partners and their capabilities.

We should always reuse the best of breed as much as possible.   The eCo
concepts should allow us to have that capability quickly.   CommerceNet
joined ebXML with that intent; to move their body of work forward to be
advanced by ebXML, and reg-rep is where it makes most sense.

IMHO, the tpaML aspects of reg-rep is a main differentiator to the UDDI /
ebXML discussion.

Scott Nieman
eBusiness Integration - Solutions Director
952.352.5889

-----Original Message-----
From: Farrukh Najmi [mailto:Farrukh.Najmi@east.sun.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2000 2:19 PM
To: ebxml repository
Subject: FYI: UDDI Site is up

FYI,

The UDDI site ( http://www.uddi.org ) is now up and specs are available
for download.

IMO We should make it a high priority to study these specs and determine
how it relates
to the regrep work.

Note that the Registry Services draft specification was done prior to
the UDDI announcement.
I added the UDDI investigation as an issue in the document's issue list
prior to submitting it to the list.

Scott, any plans for a conference call?

Farrukh