Subject: Re:

Waqar,

We have been playing with UDDI since it became public, and just a few days ago
I suggested internally at XMLGlobal that bridging UDDI to ebXML would be
relatively trivial assuming that the UDDI registry is complete, which it is
(test.uddi.microsft.com).  All that would have to be done is to build an object
sort of like
the ObjectQueryManager object that this group has specified, except into would
be called UDDIQueryManager, and it's methods or actions would correspond to the
UDDI find and store methods, such as find_business, store_Tmodel, etceteras.
This object would accept payload and invocation requests over ebXML TRP, and
dispatch the queries on the UDDI registry either remotely with SOAP, or locally
with a client library, and send the response back using TRP.

example query and response:

--**bound**

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ebXMLHeader MessageType="Normal"
   Version="1.0">
   <Manifest>
      <DocumentReference>
         <DocumentLabel>find_binding_req</DocumentLabel>
     </DocumentReference>
    </Manifest>
    <TPAInfo>
        <ServiceInterface>UDDIQueryManager</ServiceInterface>
        <Action>find_binding</Action>
    </TPAInfo>
  </ebXMLHeader>

--**bound**

<find_binding serviceKey="uuid" generic="1.0" maxRows="99"
xmlns="urn:uddi-org:api">
   <findQualifiers/>
</find_binding>
--**bound**--

... and the response would have the uddi response XML body in the payload.  It
may make sense to modify the ObjectQueryManager to handle UDDI requests
internally to itself, I am more partial to simply bridging ebxml and UDDI right
now.  The UDDI API is very straight forward and is very useful for discovery of
trading partners and processes.  I saw a really neat demo at the UDDI workshop
in Redmond of UDDI integration with a procurement app (Great Plains) that made
good use of this API and registry, I very much hope that we can work the
UDDI efforts into ebXML, and would be willing to elaborate further toward that
end.

Cheers,

Matt