Subject: RE: XPATH query Take 2

The work done in LDAP is certainly interesting, but what about something
like QUILT.  AFAICS, QUILT uses XPath-like syntax which is useful on the
document level context while adding functionality to bring it into the same
space as SQL.

JP: When you say "root context" what do you mean exactly?

Cheers,
Matt

<<| message from: JP Morgenthal <jp.morgenthal@xmls.com> |>>
Hello All,

> I am very pleased that some have seen merit in my argument, however, I
would
> really appreciate it if someone could identify for me the hesitation to
> ignore the work of the LDAP specification.  To my understanding this is a
> well accepted standard and has a query facility.  I'm not saying this is
the
> right direction for us, but it does fit what we are trying to do and is an
> existing standard.
>
> There is the issues of extensibilty, and that's where the ebXML Reg/Rep
> group could really assist in enhancing an existing standard to support
eBiz
> repository functions.
>
> Until we explore LDAP, however, I don't think we should legitimately look
> technologies that do not immediately suit our needs, such as XPath.
Again,

<<| end message from JP Morgenthal <jp.morgenthal@xmls.com> |>>

--
Matthew MacKenzie