Subject: RE: R U Ready??? RE: conference call tomorrow

I agree with David here.  I would like to first see each approach documented
with the detail that Farrukh provided, be given time to review, and then
hold a vote.  If the whole RR team is not in favor of the approach, I think
we will lose vendor implementation momentum.

Let me also take the time to point out that with the constrained OQL
approach, each implementer will be responsible for building an OQL parser.
Most of us are in this because we believe XML offers us the ability to more
quickly develop solutions because WE DON'T HAVE TO WRITE YET ANOTHER PARSER.
While it may offer some simple benefits, let's see if we can't blend the
capabilities of constrained OQL with an XML grammar.

BTW, before anyone speaks up.  The choice for a vendor to include open
source or donated software is a personal one.  We must approach this from
the perspective that each implementer will be forced to develop a cleanroom
version.

JP

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 7:08 PM
To: Nieman, Scott
Cc: 'ebxml-regrep@lists.ebxml.org '
Subject: R U Ready??? RE: conference call tomorrow

Message text written by "Nieman, Scott"

Are people ready for this telecon?
If it was moved to Monday would we be any further along?
<<<<<<<<<

Most definately.

I believe we have made progress this week.

I'm planning to meet the 9am Friday time, but
that's a first draft.  I think if we give ourselves
Friday and the weekend to finetune, fix up, and
build concensus we can have a much more
effective  TelConf.

We should be in position then to send
something to QR Tuesday.   Spending one
extra day is worth time saved on potential
major grief otherwise.

In fact I'm not even sure QR would entertain
anything that still had open issues?

Anyway - that a moot point - since the
remedy can hopefully be resolved.

My vote - Monday - especially if