Subject: RE: R U Ready??? RE: conference call tomorrow
I agree with David here. I would like to first see each approach documented with the detail that Farrukh provided, be given time to review, and then hold a vote. If the whole RR team is not in favor of the approach, I think we will lose vendor implementation momentum. Let me also take the time to point out that with the constrained OQL approach, each implementer will be responsible for building an OQL parser. Most of us are in this because we believe XML offers us the ability to more quickly develop solutions because WE DON'T HAVE TO WRITE YET ANOTHER PARSER. While it may offer some simple benefits, let's see if we can't blend the capabilities of constrained OQL with an XML grammar. BTW, before anyone speaks up. The choice for a vendor to include open source or donated software is a personal one. We must approach this from the perspective that each implementer will be forced to develop a cleanroom version. JP -----Original Message----- From: David RR Webber [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com] Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 7:08 PM To: Nieman, Scott Cc: 'firstname.lastname@example.org ' Subject: R U Ready??? RE: conference call tomorrow Message text written by "Nieman, Scott" > Are people ready for this telecon? If it was moved to Monday would we be any further along? <<<<<<<<< Most definately. I believe we have made progress this week. I'm planning to meet the 9am Friday time, but that's a first draft. I think if we give ourselves Friday and the weekend to finetune, fix up, and build concensus we can have a much more effective TelConf. We should be in position then to send something to QR Tuesday. Spending one extra day is worth time saved on potential major grief otherwise. In fact I'm not even sure QR would entertain anything that still had open issues? Anyway - that a moot point - since the remedy can hopefully be resolved. My vote - Monday - especially if your time is constrained Friday... Thanks, DW.
Powered by eList eXpress LLC