Subject: Re: JSR-000093: JAXR - your opinions?

Hello,

Just to chime in with my two cents here.

Eventually all specifications need to be realized in implementations by large
population of users (vendors etc.) to be successful and accepted. Java has
uniquely established itself as the language of choice by a majority of the
implementor community. JAXR proposes to provide the java interface (and a
reference implementation) that supports ebXML and other registry services.
Having the definers of the ebXML registry services drive this would ensure that
ebXML services are fully supported by the JAXR interfaces. I would see this as a
win-win situation from an ebXML perspective. Not sure how this conflicts with
the (4) conformance tests (5) certification angle. I suppose vendors are free to
realize the ebXML Registry service implementations in the way suitable to them
and JAXR supplies one potential and perhaps easy path. The implementations based
on JAXR could still be subject to any ebXML specified (third-neutral-party)
compliance tests for receiving a compliance certificate.

IMO doing this through Java Community Process is desirable and we would be more
than willing to support and help define the JAXR interfaces.

Best Regards,

Prasad Yendluri.