Subject: Re: External ID draft

Message text written by Farrukh Najmi

Assembly of new documents and schemas based on core components is not
within
the scope of registry functionality. It is very much in the scope of
specialized registry clients that are CC savy and can do the assembly and
put
the result back in the Registry if needed. I suspect a sophisticated CC
editor
that is an RR client would be the way to do this functionality.

Correct - but, and its a big BUT - if the Registry has no way of supporting

this functionality - then we have a hole in the spec's - and that is
what I believe was raised at QR.  We do not have to spec' how to do this -
but we do have to spec' the mechanism that will allow implementers to
do this.  External ID is that mechanism.

DW.