Subject: RE: Call for Proposals on Distributed Registry support; Call forinterest in leveraging UDDI

Scott,

Technology aside for just a second, from listening to some of the UDDI
listerv's I see some practical UDDI technical discussions going on. There
obviously seems to be some good marketing synergy opportunity too, but
doesn't UDDI incorporated in ebXML work get into a whole series of show
stoppers starting with Intellectual Property Rights and also issues with
UDDI not being an "open community" developement; re. the UDDI presentation
given in Tokyo.

Aside from the above, and as this is a technical discussion, I think it'd be
very interested to technically hear exactly how UDDI could fit in for an
ebXML distributed regrep.

Thanks very much
Dave