Subject: RE: Call for Proposals on Distributed Registry support; Call forinterest in leveraging UDDI

David,
I don't see anything IP-wise 'stopping' a formal definition of how to use
UDDI for an ebXML Registry advertisement. Not sure what you mean by
'incorporating', but initial work here would/should not explicitly focus on
any 'integration', but co-existance. ----However, it may turn out that
there are things that UDDI does not do, or should do, and the ebXML
Registry group should realize that there is still time to influence UDDI,
before any standards submission, and doing this keeps these efforts on
track for any future true 'integration' that should take place. We are
still at the front of the curve with these efforts in my opinion. But, I
don't think this needs to be an immediately rushed effort looking at May
15, and can be cast in initial work for post ebXML exit for Registry.

Thanks,
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

"Welsh, David" <David.Welsh@nordstrom.com> on 04/01/2001 11:37:56 AM