Subject: Call to revise OASIS Reg/rep TC charter

To OASIS Registry/Repository TC Members and ebXML Registry/Repository WG
Members,

The OASIS Registry/Repository Technical Committee has approved a resolution
to (1) update the current Charter of the TC to reflect the scope of vision
of the ebXML Registry/Repository Working Group, and (2) change the name of
the TC to reflect the added scope of ebXML.

The Charter of the TC, as such, was written before the recent update of
OASIS procedures.   The current Objective and Scope of the OASIS Reg/Rep TC
is:   The objective of the committee is to develop one or more
specifications for interoperable registries and repositories for SGML- and
XML-related entities, including but not limited to DTDs and schemas.
XML.org, an initiative of OASIS, intends to construct and maintain a
registry and repository in accordance with these specifications, including
an interface that enables searching and browsing of the contents of a
repository of those entities. The registry and repository are to be
designed to interoperate and cooperate with other similar registries and
repositories.

OASIS procedures now require the following of a TC:
1. Name of the TC
2. Statement of Purpose
3. List of Deliverables and projected dates
4. Language in which the TC will conduct business
5. Date, time and place of the first meeting
6. Proposed meeting schedule for the first year
7. names and email addresses of members (minimum three)
8. name of chair
9. names of meeting sponsors (for both phone and face-to-face meetings).

If you are interested in participating in the re-chartered OASIS Reg/rep TC
(new name yet to be determined), please plan on attending an OASIS Reg/rep
TC  conference call on Friday, May 25th at 1:00 Eastern Time.  (Call
details will be sent out next week.)  For those of you newly joining the
OASIS Reg/rep TC, this will be considered an official meeting.  If you do
wish to join the OASIS Reg/rep TC, you must send me email stating
such.  Any questions regarding fees, grandfathering ebXML membership, etc.
should go to Karl Best of OASIS, karl.best@oasis-open.org .

A first draft of the revised charter addressing items 1-9 above will be
sent out by Tuesday of next week and will (hopefully) incorporate many of
the ideas that were discussed in Vienna.  Note that we will not be voting
on the new charter during this conference call.

I realize this is somewhat short notice; however I will be unavailable May
26th - June 6th and do not want to put off our first discussion regarding
the revised charter until my return.  If you have serious concerns about
the short notice, please contact me directly at lisa.carnahan@nist.gov  or
(301) 975-3362.

--lisa

Lisa Carnahan