Subject: Outline in Text Format

Here is the proposed ebXML Requirements Specification outline in text
format.

Until and unless we decide otherwise, please format all of your
contributions as plain text.

Mike

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EDI Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/

ebXML Requirements Specification

1 Introduction

1.1 The ebXML Initiative

Background on this initiative

1.2 Document Purpose and Scope

1.3 References and Related Efforts

To other documents

2 Requirements for an ebXML Compliant Application

2.1 General

2.2 Application to Application

2.2.1 Functional

Exchange documents, acknowledgements, etc.  Much of this can be derived from the X12, EDIFACT, and ISO 9735 standards.

2.2.2 Non-functional

Inter-operability, security, scalability, flexibility, minimize cost, etc.

2.3 Human to Application

2.3.1 Functional

2.3.2 Non-functional

3 ebXML Guideline Requirements

This section will include more detailed requirements, which are intended to enable the requirements in section 2 to be satisfied.  In particular, it will be based on the requirements relating directly to ebXML work group efforts.  [Note:  Technical Coordination and Support and Marketing Awareness and Education may not produce guidelines, so they are omitted here]

3.1 General

Characteristics of the guidelines, such as in public domain, freely accessible via web, etc.

3.2 Technical Architecture

3.3 Core Components

3.4 Transport/Routing and Packaging

3.5 Registry and Repository

3.6 Business Process Methodology

4 Requirements for ebXML Technical Coordination & Support

Single point of contact, etc.

5 Requirements for ebXML Marketing, Awareness & Education

[Is this appropriate for this type of document? I tend to think it is outside the scope of this document, and am not quite sure what I would put here]

6 ebXML Work Group Deliverables

A listing of  the specific guidelines to be produced, with brief description.