Subject: Re: Work Plan Change, Agenda for 1/7, and Issues List

Thanks Mark for your good efforts.
My contribution contained some issues statements that I don't see
captured. They are repeated below. I would appreciate discussing them at
the teleconference.
Thanks,
Kit Lueder.

Requirements Issues:

 - What is the scope and focus of this group?

 - The extent to which specifications are provided for communications
and enveloping, versus for just the document encoding. In other words,
at what level is interoperability to be specified? Is ebXML going to
standardize on the syntax of the XML document contents as well as the
syntax of the document envelope?

 - Compatibility with existing XML-EDI specifications, such as the
Technical Report developed by ANSI ASC X12. For the June 1999 X12-XML
draft, see: http://www.disa.org/x12/x12c/X12CTG3/PDF/xmltechreport.pdf

 - Extent to which security specifications are developed by ebXML,
versus adopting some other XML general security solution (developed
outside ebXML) or of communications security (e.g., S/MIME).

--
    _/    _/             Kit C. J. Lueder
   _/   _/         _/   The MITRE Corp.         Tel:  703-883-5205