Subject: Re: Comments on OTA Requirements

What are "appropriate bodies"?  Today's climate where
consortium come and go, it is difficult to understand where
people need to draw the line.

Regards,
Dave Hollander

At 11:56 AM 1/18/00 -0600, Mike Rawlins wrote:
>- Underlying Standards: The Travel industry would recommend avoiding all
>underlying
>XML standards until ratified by appropriate bodies.
>
>MCR:  A very good point which I think we have all talked about, but
>haven't stated explicitly.  I see this as a basic requirement on the
>ebXML guidelines that they depend only on standards or recommendations
>approved by the appropriate bodies.

Dave Hollander
Director eCommerce Knowledge Management and Interoperability
CommerceNet
Co-chair W3C XML Schema Working Group
dmh@commerce.net
970-613-0605