Subject: Re: Business view vs. Functional view - for consideration

Tom,

That is an interesting suggestion.  However, I wonder if all of our team members
are familiar with the Open-edi Reference Model and the BOV, FSV, and other
concepts explained in it.  Even at that, I tend to view almost everything about
the ebXML effort as within the FSV, i.e., the technical layer.  This includes
even the specific set of core components (element names, attributes, re-usable
structures, etc.).   Only the base semantics (independent of presentation or
dictionaries such as X12, EDIFACT, etc.) and the UML models live in the BOV.

Our issue #3 concerning ebXML's scope as encompassing B2B only, or also B2C,
could be considered as having BOV aspects.  It will almost certainly also have
FSV aspects if it is determined that B2C has non-functional requirements unique
to it.

Mike

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EDI Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/