Subject: Re:ebXML Question re: Comments by Organizations

Mike,

    Klaus has made it very clear that participation in ebXML is at the
individual level. It has also been said that review of the ebXML technical
specifications is open to all ebXML participants.  As such, submissions should
only be from individuals, not organizations - and individual submissions should
be given equal weight.

    As you know, organizational representation and submissions has been a
contentious issue.  There are certain members of ebXML that feel that X12 should
have "official" representation.  There are an equal number of EWG members and
work groups that feel the same way.  My sense is that we would do well to stay
with what Klaus has stated - participation is at the individual not
organizational level.

    Mark
Mark Crawford
Research Fellow
______
LMI Logistics Management Institute
2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
(703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7518
mcrawfor@lmi.org
http://www.lmi.org
"Opportunity is what you make of it"