Subject: Was: Re[2]: Concern with basic ebXML TRP Syntax/Sem

[Mark Crawford:]

| I completly agree with James McCarthy in that taking the approach
| that we (Microsoft took) i.e
|
|    If a message has only XML types then packaging multiple XML
|    document instances as a single XML Document separated by name
|    spaces and using a SAX compliant parser to process it is very
|    efficient and possible

As you know, you can't put multiple XML documents that include
DTDs into another XML document.

| NOTE: The reason I think folks like RosettaNet took and anybody
| else who has based there packaging structure assuming DTD's as
| three or more separate XML documents each packaged as individual
| MIME parts is that with DTD's you did not have the luxury of using
| "Name Spaces" as you can more easily with XML/XDR as well as
| XML/XSD combinations.

Speaking only for myself, I don't consider namespaces to be fully
cooked yet.  This is possibly a minority opinion and perhaps
overly conservative, but I would avoid using them if a
better-understood solution is available.

Jon