ebxml-stc message

Subject: ACTION: REVIEW - ebxml Messaging Services spec v 0.2

for QR's review.

Please Note: the spec is NOT in the new ebxml document format yet. the
editor doing it is on vacation. everything else is ready for your
review.....
thanks, Rik

-----Original Message-----
From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 1:12 PM
To: ebXML Transport (E-mail)
Subject: ebxml Messaging Services spec v 0.2

Folks

Here's the updated messaging service spec. I've done all the changes apart
from those described below.

There are two file formats:
1. A PDF format - this is the ONLY format that should be used when quoting
line numbers
2. The Microsoft Word format - you can use this to compare with the previous
version if you want to.

In order to get this out sooner, I haven't done a final proof read -
although it has been spell checked and grammar checked.

David
------------
Outstanding changes

In making the changes I found the following problems which I meant I
couldn't quite make the changes as agreed ...

1. I've changed section 2.2.1 Content Type to reference two mandatory
attributes (type and boundary) and two optional (version and charset) as
there are four attributes not two !!
2. Still not clear when version or versionless ebXML Header Envelopes should
be used.
3. There is a difference in the style of writing and usage of MS Word
headings between the "packaging specification" part of the spec and the
"ebXML header document" part of the spec. Suggest reworking the ebXML Header
Document part of the spec to be in the same style as the packaging spec and
adding Word headings.
4. Changed status of Marty's changes 105 to 108 to Defer as they are
technical change and not an editorial change and I could not see any way to
express the solution clearly.
5. Changed status Gordon's changes to Message Type (change 114) since I we
have not discussed or agreed what the changes should be.
6. Not sure that the Schema has been updated correctly to reflect changes to
DocumentReference.
7. Moved agreed changes refs 124 to 127 (about PartyId) back to suggested
changes as we are still discussing these.
8. Not done change 153 (remove detail of the XML Documents) as think it
probably needs some discussion
9. Can't do change 156, as I don't know who should (or should not) be there
10. Can't do changes 160, 161 - no new examples for Appendix B
11. Also deleted reference to the glossary in General Conventions since it
is covered in Notational Conventions

I'll send out an updated change list that reflects the above soon.

 <<ebXML Messaging Service Specification v0-2.doc>>  <<ebXML Messaging
Service Specification v0-2.pdf>>

Product Management, CommerceOne
4400 Rosewood Drive 3rd Fl, Bldg 4, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 (also voicemail); Pager: +1 (888) 936 9599
mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com