ebxml-stc message

Subject: Please Clarify Role of QR Team in Review Process

Folks,

I've seen a few messages go by that indicate to me a need to clarify the
role of the QR Team (and formerly QA team) in the review process.  My
understanding from our StC discussions was that the QR team would only
*report* review results to StC and the Exec.  No mention was made either
of granting QRT the power to "hold back" submitting a specification to
general ebXML comment, or of the Exec "releasing" a specification for
comment.  Neither of those being discussed, it seems to me that it still
falls to the submitting team to decide whether or not to submit a
draft.   If someone has an issue with a team submitting a specification
that they feel isn't ready, the default then would be to deal with that
issue as we do all other issues, i.e, formally raise it to StC and have
us vote on it.   I'm all for using what few procedures we have in place
and keeping things as simple as possible.

If anyone has a different understanding of the process, I suggest we
clear this up right away.

Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/